Cybersecurity means the practice of leveraging technologies, processes, and good IT customs to protect computers, networks, devices, and sensitive data from cyber-attacks. There are different types of cybersecurity that will help you understand which area you need to focus on:
The most common types of cybersecurity businesses may need to focus on include:
- Network security: protect all of your internal networks from intruders by securing your organisation’s critical infrastructure.
- Application security: using software and hardware to help defend against threats that show up during the development stage of an application. It may include encryption, firewalls, and antivirus.
- Information security: it is extremely dynamic as it protects physical and digital data.
- Cloud security: it helps to keep data safe on cloud.
- Malware: Malicious software can steal information or causes damage.
- Ransomware attack: The software that takes control of a computer and asks the owner for money to gain access again.
With time, security threats will become more advanced, making it important for companies to stay up to date with cybersecurity awareness and security management systems. End-user education is important, if the business understands that any of the other options are only as strong as the weakest link, it will usually invest in this critical type of security. It is critical to gain adequate security awareness training for personnel to help them understand the importance of cybersecurity.